3) Jerusalem Heritage Tour
“A Song of Ascents; of David, I rejoiced when they said unto me: ‘Let us go unto the house of the LORD. Our feet are standing within thy gates, O Jerusalem; Jerusalem, that art built as a city that is compact together” (Psalms, 122).
Jerusalem was founded by King David 3,000 years ago. Since then, Jerusalem has become for the Jews an inspirational and spiritual world center, a symbol of unity, peace and hope. In this tour we’ll explore Jerusalem from the moment she was born until modern times.
- Mount of Olives – We start our day with a panoramic lookout, observing the old and modern city.
- Walk on the Old City Ramparts from Jaffa Gate to Zion Gate – overlooking the first Jewish neighborhood in western Jerusalem
- Visit King David’s tomb and the Room of the Last supper on Mount Zion
- Jewish Quarter – We explore the magical sites, including the Cardo, the synagogues, the Burnt House and the charity building from the early 19th century. We continue and see the $2 million golden biblical Menorah along the way to the Western Wall, Judaism’s holy site.
- City of David – The place where everything began. We stop at the area where King David established the Jewish capital and explore the most complicated ancient water tunnel in the world.
- We finish our day with the Machane Yehuda market, the biggest colorful open market in the city. Smelling, tasting and feeling the authentic food and special drinks.